Innuos ZENith Special Edition Launch
When I reached the Innuos stand at the Munich High End Show I thought I was in for a treat! With it's shiny front and a demonstration room specially set aside I was to find the latest new product from Innuos, one that was to build on the the range topping ZENith which we have on permanent demonstration.
It certainly sounds great and builds on the neutrality of the ZENith adding more body to the music as well as more depth and height to the soundstage. And so the limited edition run of 100 units of the ZENith Special Edition is launched!
As I read the latest spec sheet and chatted to the Innuos team, they explained what had been changed over and above the ZENith:
• New oversize, custom-wound audiophile toroidal transformer with 3 independent outputs for each Linear Power Supply
• New Triple-Linear power supply designed by Sean Jacobs using high-end Mundorf caps
• Three anti-vibration feet with asymmetrical positioning to better isolate vibration without affecting dynamics
• Audiophile-grade silver-coated and shielded cabling for internal connections, hand soldered directly to circuits to lower impedance from connectors.
• Improved EMI protection for the internal components
We like products which work with Roon, our preferred music platform and recently all Innuos Music Servers have become Roon compatible so you can use them as a Roon Core (negating the need to run Roon on your computer) or as a Roon Ready End Point. You also have the choice to run innuOS – Innuos’ own operating system developed in-house. It enables a complete computer-free operation for managing CD ripping, importing digital music and editing album data and cover art.
The first units will start shipping in July with SSD drives priced at £4,999 for the 2TB or £6,999 for the 4TB version. We have some special Roon membership offers availble on all pre-orders in May and June on both the ZENith SE and ZENith models.